[Dailydrool] Bridge journeys and new friends

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 13:42:30 PDT 2018

It has been so sad recently on the Drool to see some of our much loved hounds amble off to the bridge. I have mourned every loss alongside their families. Jackie and Nigel, being the latest in a far too long line.
However, I was absolutely delighted to read about Yaya becoming a Lindy. What a lucky girl she is to have found basset heaven after such a sad time.
A few weeks ago I started volunteering at a no-kill rescue on the other side of my town. Everyone hates working in the intake kennel block because the new arrivals are upset and their kennels are often the dirtiest because of it. However, I like to go there and talk to the new arrivals to try to calm them down and tell them things will get better from now on.
One of them was a lovely older lady black lab. She is so sweet and gentle and so confused. She is now in the wing where dogs go when thier chance of being re-homed is slim. I can't take her on now as it wouldn't be fair on Rolph and Clara who are facing many medical challenges, but if things were different I'd take her in a heartbeat.
Sending drool to all who need or want it.
Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK