[Dailydrool] Hound Advice needed

Michele SZ wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 09:08:00 PDT 2018

Hello Drool Family. Heart healing drool to all whose hound has recently crossed over the rainbow bridge. Healing drool to all of the sick or injured hounds or humans. Recently we have had a little issue with the hounds. Over the last couple of days Xander has went after Seth while I or hubby are making their supper bowls. It only happens when we make the supper bowl....not with breakfast or treats. They play together, walk together, they snuggle and sleep together like normal. I can even play and snuggle with them without any issues. Not even a cross eye. Only at supper feedings have we started to have an issue. When it happens I drag Xander off Seth, lock Xander in their room for an hour, ignoring both dogs after I look Seth over for any wounds, I take both supper bowls and put them into the refrigerator and I don’t feed either of them for an hour.  So far it has just been a lot of Xander charging then standing over Seth’s face, lots of noise and mouthing the loose neck and face skin. No broken skin, no blood etc. I’m thinking that it’s one of 2 things with Xander and Seth...maybe a combination of the 2. The last couple of weeks I  have been gone a lot do to helping my parents out, rescuing calves, doctors appointments or outside working a lot and not inside the house so I haven’t  been able to spend as much time with the dogs. But I try to give them a good walk every day that it isn’t raining. But I’m thinking that Xander is not happy about all the time that I am away and is taking his frustrations out on Seth. The other thing; Seth will be 2 in Jun, Xander is 5, Seth is getting bigger so I am thinking it is a dominance thing...Xander trying to make it well known to Seth that The Xander is alpha dog. Any thoughts or suggestions on what is going on with these 2 and/or how to correct this issue will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Virtual hugs to all of you.
Michele Swartz frustrated momma of Xander and Seth.
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com

Sent from my iPawPad