[Dailydrool] Sassafras and Leonardo da Vinci

Jessica Rutan jrutan at aubreydog.com
Mon Apr 23 15:47:26 PDT 2018

I want to thank everyone for your support and kind words upon Sassafras running to the bridge. I am still lost without her howling and protective bark around the house. I know that Aristotle has been over-whelmed with sadness and confusion. He would look for her and then just go to her bed and sit there. His eating was off and he was sleeping more than usual, but so was I.
Watching him suffer was just too much for me. When we brought home Sassy's ashes on Saturday he sniffed the box and then laid down next to the shelf I placed them on and whined. I thought that maybe he understood. I lost it and cried for a big part of the day Saturday, and that them caused me to take a drive out to Perris CA on Sunday.
I purchased a 12 week old puppy boy named Leonardo da Vinci. Aristotle is so excited. The boys were immediately playing and chasing each other last night when we got home with Leonardo. I put them to bed, but they both whined and whined until I let them sleep together. I cried. I cried that my Aristotle has a little brother and that he seems happy again. I miss Sassafras and that hole in the heart will take a very long time to heal, but it is nice to watch my boys play and run together.
So I am introducing our newest family member: Leonardo. 12 weeks old. Red and white very long eared Basset Hound.
I have never had two boys or two girls at once. It has always been a boy and a girl. I am not sure what two boys will bring, but from what I have seen this afternoon, I am in for an adventure.
Thank you again for the incredible support from each of you. I am still working on writing some of you individual notes. In the mist of everything I have hurt my hand and have my hand and arm in a splint. I am typing one letter at a time.
If you would like to see pictures email me and I will send some out.
Thank you. I am always humbled by the love of this group.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com