[Dailydrool] Female Puppy Behavior- Advise Needed

Kimlynne Lee kislagel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 16:01:03 PDT 2018

Hello Droolers,

I am another troller that rarely post but read religiously.  I’m writing in hopes that all you experienced Slaves of Bassets can help me.

“HOBS” is my 10 month old female. We were told by our vet to wait until after her first “season” before having her spay.  So we did. We think She went into heat at about 7 months old and judging by her behavior we think it lasted 5 weeks!  We would have had the surgery done the day she stopped bleeding but the vet told us to wait another month.  Then we couldn’t have the procedure because we were about to board a plane for an 8 week trip.  We’re at the end of this trip and can’t wait to get home.

My question to all you experienced female owners: “How do I discipline Hobs?  She’s recently began jumping on me, mounting me, lunging at me during the late hours of the night”. It usually begins after our evening walk.  Is this dominant behavior?  Or is this the result of raging hormones?  Her two sisters went into heat at age 6 months but experienced another season just 2 months later. Her breeder said they were trying to mimic their aunts’ cycles.  We do not live near other female dogs that are not spayed but we do visit lots of dog parks while on our trip. Could that be a factor?  How do I break her of these nasty and I do mean sexually nasty attacks?

She’s already 50lbs and almost too big for me to handle

I experienced mother of a girl

Kim

Sent with Aloha 🌈