[Dailydrool] Mariah checking in

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 21:01:35 PDT 2018

aloha, this is Mariah checking in.  i haven’t written recently because nothing much has been happening around here.  Dad decided to try a new campaign to get us dogs to bark less.  he ordered all three of us girls citronella bark collars from the mainland.  before, only Mila had one.  the collar squirts a little citronella at your nose when you bark.  Well, they work like magic for Mila and Ipo.  they are the obedient ones and are now very quiet.   me, I’m different and a lot tougher.  I size up the risks and benefits for every bark opportunity and act according to my assessment of the reward/cost ratio.  if it is just some other dog in the neighborhood barking, I don’t bother answering anymore as it isn’t worth the annoyance of the squirt.  but if another dog on a leash walks by my house, heck I’m still a loud and enthusiastic vocalist, pausing every four or five yells to shake my nose clear of the scent.  My will is a lot stronger than these silly human inventions.  Mariah.