[Dailydrool] Mariah checking in

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 00:42:14 PDT 2018

This is Mariah.  So everybody where I live was all excited about this thing called a hurry-cane that was coming here.  My human parents, not so much.  They would be foolish to be complacent, BUT...when they bought the house I live in (maybe 5 years or so ago, something they call a “fixer-upper”), the first fix-ups they did were,well, of COURSE fencing the basset yard and building ramps for the dogs, I mean—priorities, right?  But just  after that, having low cement wall reinforcements built around the stilts the house sits on (the house was slowly walking off its foundation with earthquakes, so that was a must-do), and then next having the roof replaced and reinforced with something called hurricane clips.  So our house is really sturdy—not beautiful—but sturdy.  auntie Wen posted something like  our “homeless 30”.  I bet that got you scratching your heads.  she must have been dictating.  That translates to “home is sturdy”.  Lol.

Now, Dad sometimes complains that the house is built mostly on lava rock with very little dirt, so we can only grow things with shallow roots (bananas, papayas), and sometimes Dad feels envious of folks who can live right on the ocean, but let me tell you—when the hurricanes and the tsunamis and the mudslides come, we live in the PERFECT place.  Snug and basset-friendly (except for evil neighbors on one side who object to barking).

We weathered this latest storm with no problems—a little rain, but mud is fun to roll in.  There was damage on the other side of our island.  the islands to the north of us did okay.  mom was really touched by all the outpouring of concern by Droolers.  She loves you all.

I am just glad it stopped raining so I can go out and sunbathe again on the back lanai.  aloha, Mariah