[Dailydrool] Curious—dog packs

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 13:24:22 PDT 2018

We have three dogs, two bassets and a mixed breed mutt (75% pitbull, 25% sharpei, Jack Russell, Whippet, Catahoula).  Two of the three—one basset and the pit mix—hang together.  (Mila and Ipo).  Our alpha female basset, Mariah, is fiercely independent and always does her own thing, always.  if the others join, that is fine, but she doesn’t seek their company.   As I type, Ipo and Mila are sleeping on either side of me, Mariahis outside sunbathing on the lawn.  The three girls all get along very well together without problems or quarrels. I’m curious if other multi dog households have subgroups of friends, and whether the alpha stands alone.  ?

Val Brewer