[Dailydrool] Nancy Candray drool request

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Fri Aug 17 07:46:00 PDT 2018

We've had two hounds this year that have had their spleens removed. Daphne
first, Her spleen was bleeding. doc was sure it was cancer but biopsy came
back benign. He thought he saw a spot on her liver so I've been giving her
turkey tail mushroom powder and milk thistle and  she has been doing great.
Just had her blood work re-done last week and he said all was good.

Now for poor Ella, it was the opposite. Her spleen was bleeding but her
platelets were too low to operate so he put her on pred for a week and then
removed the spleen. Said all looked good, no sign of cancer and  then biopsy
came back hemangiosarcoma. We were devastated. It spreads fast and there is
not much you can do.

I would opt to remove the spleen and get biopsy. The blood work is a good
indicator. If red blood cells and platelets are low then the doc's thoughts
might be correct about the hemangiosarcoma.

Prayers and drool being sent.

Ann