[Dailydrool] Lymphoma Treatment

Kathy Kontrim oahiggins at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 21 06:55:27 PDT 2018

Hello Droolers,

I have not posted in a long while.  I am writing in response to a recent post on Lymphoma treatment. My sweet 7 year old Herbie was diagnosed with lymphoma in early June.  In late May he was sick at his stomach and then stopped eating.  He is quite a chow hound, so I was very concerned.   When I found out he had lymphoma I consulted a veterinary oncologist.  She treats with chemo and with holistic measures.  The vet explained that the chemo regimen is very successful in fighting lymphoma in dogs.  Herbie was very sick so we elected to start chemo.  He is almost halfway through his treatment and I cannot believe the difference!  I have my boy back!  He is playful and hungry and  quite bratty (which thrills those who know Herb)!  Chemo may not be the right path for everyone, but so far we have seen remarkable results with little side effects!  Our motto is Go Herbie, Go!  I'm praying for many more years with my sweet guy!

Thanks,

Kathy