[Dailydrool] Rolph's barking

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 14 12:14:37 PST 2018

As many of you know, Rolph went down in the rear a few months ago. He loves going out on his wheels. He barks for his walks. He barks for his bowl, he shuffles around the house with determination.
For this reason, I don't think he is ready to go yet.
Unfortunately he is also doubly incontinent. Belly bands do a fairly good job and I can cope OK with picking up.... most of the time.
My problem is this: for the past week, Rolph has started barking for his dinner for about an hour before it's due - I have just assumed his food is one of his few pleasures and he's keen to get on with it.  However, he has carried on barking after the meal for a couple of hours.
I am not going to pretend life with Rolph is easy, but this habit, or problem, is pushing me over the edge. He gets ranitidine after his meal, but I wonder if anyone has dealt with this and has any suggestions to settle him down?
Sally, with ROlph and Clara, UK