[Dailydrool] The holidays for us are here

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 22 22:19:00 PST 2018

Aloha all, Mariah here.

The holidays that my human family celebrates are here.  This is mostly a time of family reunion for them.  The grown two-legged children and their significant others have arrived and all are celebrating their love of family and gratitude for one another and kindness in the world, when it exists, together.

For us hounds, we are celebrating and grateful as well.

I, Mariah, am grateful that with all these people coming and going, there are careless mistakes, like today when someone left the gate wide open and noone noticed my absence until there was such a ruckus in the neighborhood, with every confined dog barking and people yelling, that my people looked at one another and said, “Mariah!!!”  I had ventured up the street and was chasing cats and chickens in a neighbors’ yard with wild abandon.  fun fun fun.

Mila is grateful because she is a chow hound and the visitors don’t seem to heed warnings about dirty dishes and snacks left on coffee tables or the floor beside chairs. Yum yum yum.

Ipo is feeling grateful that our mom loves her because she is scared of all the new people and she is glued to my mom’s side.  my mom keeps reassuring her and pets her when she uncharacteristically snuggles next to mom all night in mom’s bed.

Mom is grateful for both her canine and human families and that holiday reunions do not occur more than a couple times a year.

aloha from Mariah, hoping for a few more unnoticed escapes.