[Dailydrool] Sassy update

Jessica Rutan jrutan at aubreydog.com
Sun Feb 18 14:44:41 PST 2018

Wow, I can not even explain how much stress and pain this issue with Sassy has been to me. When Harley went down and could not move, I was given a choice of 10-15K surgery or put him down. I lost Harley and even writing this has me in tears. I struggle with forgiving myself. So now to Sassy. I went out of town and came back to her going down in the back and struggling to get her legs back under herself. I was in a meeting and talked to a friend on the board who is also a vet. She asked me to bring Sassy to her. X-rays were taken. Sassy has damage to her back vertebra and calcium deposits around the vertebra. She also has hip displasia (spelling??).
treatment is a BEMER session 3 times a week.
I was already putting turmeric in her food, but I am now giving her turmeric curcumin complex campsules. She is also getting omega 3 softgels and glucosamine chews.
Sassy had her first treatment yesterday. Last night she could not walk and dragged herself around the tile floor. I was scared, but the vet texted me every hour until 9 pm last night. We had Sassy sleep and be quiet. This morning Sassy was at my bedroom door and was walking. Her tail wagging wildly. I will be back for the second treatment (BEMER) on Tuesday. There is some hope here. Thank you for the prayers and the help offered.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com