[Dailydrool] Clara

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 23 12:00:25 PST 2018

Poor little Clara. I feel so very sorry for her.
Despite her kidney failure diagnosis, after discussion, the vet went ahead with the dental. I felt that even if she only had a few months to a year left, she should be as comfortable as possible and her teeth had been hurting her.
I expected one or two teeth to be removed. As it turned out, she had six teeth out. Because of the renal diagnosis, the only pain relief they could send her home with was paracetamol.
I picked her up at 9pm and she went straight to bed. The next day she lay in her bed bed making the most awful moaning sound. She refused to eat or drink.
I took her back to the vet and they gave her a pain shot and told me to continue with the paracetamol. If that didn't help, I was to give her one of Rolph's Tramadols.
SO today she has had paracetamol and Tramadol. She has eaten a little (hand fed in bed) got up twice to pee and thought she wanted a little walk, but changed her mind 10 yards up the road. Apart from that she has slept, or laid in her bed crying and moaning.
Rolph has been a total git. He has tried to steal her chicken soup, spent all day barking at nothing, asked to go in and out every ten minutes (it's too cold to leave the door open, and peed and pooped in the house. I am not a happy basset mum.
Please send a little drool to my poor, sweet Clara.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK