[Dailydrool] Greetings from Paddi Basset, and a mild complaint

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:45:28 PST 2018

Paddi B Basset would like to report that snow has fallen on her property in
an extreme amount (more than six inches) over the past two weeks, and while
she finally managed to have her slow, unco-operative people melt said snow,
it has now begun to rain.

Rain, she notes, is more appropriate for her location and the season, but
she would prefer a nice sunny day in which to bask upon the deck. Is this
too much for a basset to ask?

She does comment favorably that we have the heated floor turned on, making
her office work (and mat) much more comfortable, though rather thinner than
one might like.

Paddi B, Simba and I went for a walk yesterday and met the neighbours "new
puppy" Molly twice, which caused great excitement (walking around the block
opposite ways is great!). To my amazement, Molly's person reminded me that
Molly is now eight. Eight!! How on earth did that happen? And Paddi B will
be 14 in July.

According to James Taylor, the secret of life is enjoying the passage of
time. And I do. But I'm wishing it passed a little more slowly for bassets.

Warm greetings to all from the soggy coast,
Mary and Paddi B Basset

--
Mary Wilson
​mary.gabriola at gmail.com