[Dailydrool] Nicknames

Elizabeth linktolindsey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:37:19 PST 2018

Charlie Basset:
Charles, Charl-less, Charlie Tuna (after the Starkest commercial), Charlie Tuna Pants, Chuckles, Chuckle Pants, My Chuckle Boy, Stunt-Dog Charlie, Charley-Barley Basset Boy, Charlie Dammit, and Charlie My Darlin’

Then there’s my mother’s little chihuahua mix, Molly, who now lives with us:
Mighty Mouth (because she barks a lot), Twinkle Toes, Tina Turner and Twisted Sister (because she makes tight left turns when she’s anxious, and when she does it on a leash it twists the leash up), and The Wee One (she’s just seven pounds)

This thread on nicknames reminds me again of how much I miss calling the hounds who’ve gone on the pet names I had for them. Without our Elsinore Basset here with us anymore, I’m no longer calling for Elsa B., Ella B., El Snora, or Elsa de Nore. With our Jane, our first basset, quite long gone, there’s no one to call my Baby Basset, Boo-Boo Basset, or Lady Jane Basset. When the hound dies, all our loving pet names die with them, never more to be used. It’s been nice to have this thread so that some of those endearments can be be revived, if only for a moment.

Elizabeth
linktolindsey at gmail.com