[Dailydrool] May it never “die” etc. and a question

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 06:03:11 PST 2018

Oh my goodness, I missed reading yesterday’s drool until today.  The drool die?  Nahhhh.   Getting older....better than the alternative.  I think we are all getting better, more seasoned.  This is the place I go for real questions and concerns.  I do post in Facebook, but things get lost in all the other postings.  Yes, I like looking at the pictures, but the words can be mean sometimes.  Enough of that.
Guinness’s (with Stomatitis) breath now smells like all the other dogs thanks to a week of antibiotics.  The stink will come back, but he feels better.  Two years ago when this started, we didn’t know what was going on.  He wasn’t eating and lost nearly 15 lbs.  The weight loss actually was needed, but quite scary.  He has figured out how to eat snacks and food and has kept his weight stable. BTW He is “Dean the Bassets” doppelgänger.  (Dean does not know this.)
My question of the day - Guinness will go in for surgery to remove more of his teeth.  The vet insists that he come in the night before surgery so that they can make sure he fasts and be ready for surgery.  This is a new vet to us, having just moved here.  I explained that he’s never gone the night before and is EXTREMELY attached to his pack.  He will cry and howl all night.  I know my dog.  He will have extreme anxiety.  I explained this to the vet office and they said that it was “their policy”.  I can understand post surgery - but pre-surgery??  With 4 dogs we are quite good at the fasting part.  Everyone fasts together.  Should I get a new vet??  Should I call my old vet and have her talk to them??  I don’t want to schedule this procedure like this.

Julie Canny
Julie.a.canny at gmail.com

Sent from my iPad