[Dailydrool] Keeping it alive! Introducing Sir Thunder.

basset911 at aol.com basset911 at aol.com
Mon Jan 29 13:17:55 PST 2018

Having been a drooler forever it seems, I would hate to see the list disappear.
I know for me personally, it started as a great network, still is.
My ridiculous amount of rescue involvement has precluded me from participating as much as I would like to, but The Daily Drool will always be the place my Pw Cocshall made her debut, and the friends we made all those years ago are still some of my best relationships!!!  I may not post, I may even have to skip digests often, but my heart and soul are still here! I missed the post about the DD dying out, let's not let that happen!

In the hopes of doing just that, I shall introduce my current heart throb hound who owns me.
Vogel's Thunder of Red Bay at Daphneyland.
Sir Thunder to you and I, T-underpants to those he squishes, stomps on and pouts to daily.(He may also have a preference to purple underpants, a story for another time)

Many of you knew Bodie.  Jill Peterson's boy that we loved together.  Last November Bodie's cancer escalated at exactly the same time a distant cousin of his was in need due to a family crisis.
Pw. Cocshall who steers my life made sure that he had to come in on the day I was sending Bodie to the bridge.  I had not told anyone, I just made the arrangements that morning.
About an hour after making the arrangements with our vet, the call came in that Thunder had to come in ASAP.  His puppy teeth had managed to eat something(s) that created pancreatitis while his family was undergoing a huge medical issue themselves.  As I leashed up Bodie for our last adventure, Thunder arrived.  They met, they licked, sniffed and woofed - and we headed out.
When I returned a couple of hours later, I scooped up that sick pup that looks like a Bodie clone, carried him into bed and cried into his fur hugging him close.
Thunder performed every Bodie trait known.  He gave me the trademark mammogram (standing and smooshing boobs), The liver starting bunny kick, The kidney pounce, and then finally curled up into the middle of my back - giving support and comfort at my rupture location.  How do they know these things?  Bodie must have told him.

By morning trying to pry this boy from my arms was an impossible task.  Yet, living at Daphneyland, working in rescue up to my eyeballs requires so much of my time that a personal hound is not a possibility.
Enter drool and best friend Sandi Wittenberg (met on the DD!!).  Arriving in December for the annual memorial in which she was grieving Craig and the Red Bays, Thunder immediately went nose to nose, snuggled up and became one with her.
On New Years Day Sandi made it official and adopted Thunder, requesting that we co own him and that he reside here at Daphneyland as the resident Therapy Hound.

Thunder has been doing therapy since his arrival. First in helping heal my heart, and then in hundreds of visitors and guests.  Every weekend Thunder is on therapy duty.  In the last year he has participated in the Hilaroo Foundation Youth Camps, slimed celebrities at the 44th Annual Daytime Emmy's with 49 of his closest drooling pals, helped rehab oh so many hounds, and just 2 weeks ago did his special appearance which will air on February 19, 2018 on the Hallmark Channel as he and 24 of his pals compete for #Bestinrescue on the first ever 2018 American Rescue Dog Show.
This last October at the annual BHCSC Basset Hound Picnic, Sandi took him on over to begin his career path as a therapy dog.  In one day he got his CGC, CGC advanced and Novice Trick Dog.  A few days later Sandi took him for his Therapy Test, and he is now Certified with Therapy Dogs International.  Thunder just spent a weekend with a local rehabilitation center that helps Autistic Adults enter the work force.  Thunder was happy to lend a paw.
If you asked Thunder, he would tell you he is under worshipped.  He tells me that nightly in our bedtime talks.

Sir Thunder - T-underpants has many profound thoughts to share.  As his 2 year old puppy brain matures, I am sure he will have lot's to share.
For now I must go save the electric bill.  T-underpants has a paper fetish.......

Dawn of the West

Basset Rescue Network at Daphneyland
www.daphneyland.com
www.facebook.com/daphneyland
661 269-2682
Daphneyland is open to the public on Saturdays & Sundays from 11 - 4.
Volunteering, visiting, meet and greet and bellyrubbing.  Adoption apps must have been screened and approved before a hound can go home!
Please visit our website and consider a monthly donation to our Sustainability Program!

Watch 25 of our Basset Hounds compete on "The American Rescue Dog Show" airing on Hallmark on February 19, 2018!  Who will win "Best in Rescue"?  Tune in to find out!