[Dailydrool] Staying at the vet

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 29 20:20:39 PST 2018

I also don’t leave mine at the vet overnight, unless it’s a medical emergency. Elvis survived a horrid case of HGE at home. He did have to have IV fluids, but I was able to do that. I don’t think he would’ve survived at the vet. Dolly stayed one night after she was spayed when she had pyometra this past summer. She was on IV fluids and antibiotics. There was always someone with her. She was ill enough they were concerned she might not pull through. It was very difficult to leave her. In that instance, it was the best thing for her. My vet knows how I feel about leaving them. He also knows that generally I’m capable of handling what may come along. Always ask if someone is on staff around the clock. If there’s no one there, then I think they are definitely better off at home, even if you’re not sure of what to do if something happens. In that case you could seek an ER vet.
My two cookies , Angelika

Sent from my iPhone