[Dailydrool] DD Digest

Karen bassett8 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 01:23:04 PST 2018

Like many of you I have been reading the digests daily but not posting, I am on FB and agree that it’s a bit impersonal but nice to see the pics of the hounds.

I have not being posting for the last year as it was the year from hell.  I remarried in 2016 and sold my house in Wilderness in January 2017, I had 2 months to pack up, find a new home in a new city, Port Elizabeth which is about 300 miles from where I was but still on the coast.  In between all of this my son got married and I had to place my Dad in a care home due to advanced Alzheimer’s and find a new home too, all in 2 months.  Thankfully found a new house but it needed extensive renovations, so moved in on the Friday and the builders moved in on the Monday, renovations took 8 months and we basically lived on a building site.  While all of this was happening I also had to relocate my Mom to Port Elizabeth too, she is a feisty 79 and refuses to go into an old age home, so had to find her a safe and suitable place and thanks to my Father in Law, we found the perfect place for her, which is manageable and allowed her to keep her two dogs.  We had to move her in the midst of renovations and get her settled in too.  Finally at the end of November the builders left and only one or two things still needed to be finished, the last of which will happen on Friday this week, so relieved at that.  Just to make it even more difficult I had to have surgery on both feet and my right ankle in September and was on crutches in a double storey house for 4 weeks.

The hounds I have now are Ella, Maverick and Toby and thankfully adapted to the move very well and are settled in a city environment after being out in a rural area for so long.  Like all I miss my hounds that have gone to the bridge, but with 3 of them I am kept busy and well loved by these 3.

My son and his wife have a zoo at their house, 4 Basset hounds, 4 cats, a hedgehog that bites LOL and two huge fish tanks.

I would hate to see the drool list die as I have been on here since I got my first Basset Coco in 2000.  She went to the bridge in October 2014 just 3 months shy of her 15th birthday.

Glad to see all the old names and a few new ones on here.
Let’s keep it going and use FB to see the pics if we can’t get them on here.

Karen with the Out of Africa Hounds phase 2
Calendar page 27 January if you want to see the hounds.

Sent from my iPad