[Dailydrool] Loki lightens my wallet

Kathleen riker kr1204 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 15:03:31 PST 2018

I took Loki to the vet back in October for his pre-dental bloodwork. The report came back that his liver enzymes were too high so she put him on a two week course of antibiotics. Second blood draw the enzymes were even higher. My vet then asked I take him to VSEC and get an ultrasound of his liver. We go and the good news is there are no masses or tumors. However they did find a discoloration on his liver and that his intestines were thickened. The vet there indicated this might be possibly a lymphoma. A needle aspiration was done and the report came back that it was not cancer or anything but most likely it is livers reaction to something toxic. I have no idea how he got into anything toxic as he's really not a food thief he just likes to steal paper towels and tissues. So I have to take him in next week for another blood draw. If it is still high they want me to consult with an internal medicine vet. I will say he is acting perfectly normal in every way. He eats he drinks he poops he plays he runs around and does not show any sign of illness. But his teeth are really bad and he really needs this dental.
While we were in the waiting room he kept up nonstop barking at every person dog cat in there. We were finally escorted to a private consultation room to await his procedure as no one could hear them selves think with his continuous barking. As my vet always says she can always tell when there's a basket in the house.

Kathy with Loki, Tallulah and Matilda

Sent from my iPad