[Dailydrool] Best advice from the Drool

LYNN and LINDA FERRELL ldferrell at msn.com
Wed Jan 31 14:26:34 PST 2018

Many recent posts have mentioned the advice/counsel so appreciated from fellow droolers.  We got lots of tips and support over the years, went to dozens of Rescue events and met amazing “basset people” -both in person and online - who taught us so much about hounds.

When our first basset Annie was diagnosed with a heart murmur someone on the Drool suggested we ask the vet about the value of medication to increase her quality of life. We did so and we were so amazed at the difference it made. We had her until she was nearly 16. Our second basset Zoey was a therapy dog. She was a natural, and this is something we might never have considered were it not for reading the Drool. She also had chronic pancreatitis and we shared information with other droolers about this condition. It was on the DD that we learned we had the right and responsibility to question the automatic switch to the prescription food the vet carried. Eventually the practice switched to other choices and Zoey had good results and better nutrition as a result. When you are in a community of folks who advocate for their animals, it seems only second nature to step up and ask questions you might have just thought about previously. Our Lucy has some back issues and has been going for veterinary acupuncture and chiropractic for years as needed and has remained mobile and without pain. We first heard of alternative medicine on the DD. We feel blessed to have had access to so many great discussions.

What has been the best thing you learned from fellow Droolers?