[Dailydrool] Ipo’s hematoma

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 19:54:41 PDT 2018

Ipo saw the vet this afternoon for the hematoma in her ear.  Thank you everyone who wrote to me on and off drool about their experiences.  the vet who is subbing in for my regular vet is choosing to first treat it with a three week course of decreasing Prednisone and hot topical wet compresses for ten minutes twice a day.  she says this works for 80% of dogs with hematomas the size of Ipo’s ( about the size of a golf ball).  It will be a challenge getting Ipo to sit still for the compresses but I think I can manage it if I scratch her chin with the other hand and have her on the sofa with me with cheese tidbits nearby.

Val

Val Brewer