[Dailydrool] Ipo’s hematoma

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 12:26:49 PDT 2018

I am pleased to report that Ipo’s hematoma is almost completely resolved now with no crinkling yet anyway.  the conservative vet substituting for my vet made a good call.  Ipo has been on a decreasing prednisone protocol (2mg. For one week, 1 mg. Next week—where we are now—and .5 mg. The third week;  no surgery or drains.)  Ipo was supposed to be getting hot compresses on her ear twice a day for ten minutes, but that has not worked out (even with peanut butter bribes and two-person holds.)  Ipo is a skittish girl (formerly feral for a while and abused before that) and simply won’t stand for this—she can fly straight up to the ceiling if cornered. Lol.  But, even without the compresses, her ear is returning to normal.

thank you everyone for all your help and advice.

If anyone wants to see what I look and sound like, a mainland quilt blogger did an interview with me a few days ago.  it is not about basset hounds but you can hear Mila and Mariah barking in the background for the entire thing. Lol. (It is about making quilted pet portraits).  If interested, go on Facebook to “Stitches Quilting—Deanna Walls”.  i did not realize it was going to be videotaped. (i’m about a century behind) so I’m dressed for the gardening I was doing before the interviewer arrived.  But hey.  Anyway, aloha all.  Val of Hawaii

Val Brewer