[Dailydrool] From the Desk/Kitchen

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 04:12:12 PDT 2018

This is Merta Lou, Professional Lady Basset, Intrepid Journalist and now,
Taaaa Daaaaa--CHEF!

Yes! The MotherPerson has finally listened to our entreaties and is going
to COOK for us! Our days of pitiful dry kibble are OVER! Lay it out there,
Chef-Woman: steaks and fries and Veal a la Oscar, Soups de la Mer, homemade
French bread Baguettes with a touch of freshly churned butter: clotted
cream and strawberries, hand picked from the fields-- imagine it! Steak
Dianne, Steak Tartare, Steak Nicoise, poached egg with kippers, warm peach
confit....EVERY DAY!
This morning we had a touch of disgusting kibble, a soy-based sausage
patty, scrambled eggs and buttered toast!  We were not offered a menu, but
I am sure one is forthcoming before luncheon.
Perhaps we could add tea time as well--- not really tea I do not care for
tea and coffee but just the crumpets and scones? Lovely little butter
cookies and Madelaines, watercress sandiwches with the crusts removed oh
and PEANUT BUTTER!!
Ahhh, the glory of it. The Joy! The

wait what?
What do you mean you already cook for us? THAT is what you mean? The
chickie/sweet potato/green bean/ blueberry stuff you already make?
Wait no! Wait come back! Mother Person  listen to me please you cannot mean
that really you.............what about-- I mean really-- just???
Oh I am crushed. I need a nap and a cold drink of water.
 Have we any seltzer? I mean, this is TAP water......

Love and Cuddles,
Merta Lou, who may just starve.