[Dailydrool] Rolph. I need advice.

C Bradley cbradley at bradleyaudio.com
Wed Jul 11 13:26:41 PDT 2018

Ask your vet if they can tell his level of average pain. Do they think he is
in some pain all the time, with even more at times? Or are the drugs
managing the pain  for the most part, still?

The last time we had to put someone down, I had the "what would you do if it
was your beloved pet" talk with the vet. She told me it was time. I think
our vet is reluctant to tell you that, because they want you to be
comfortable with the decision. But she did that time.

It is so hard to tell, and you are always second guessing yourself. You
don't want to do it too soon, but then again, you don't want to wait too
long.
But the pain level estimate should give you some ideas. Would you want to go
on yourself if you had his level of pain?

And, if it is time, does he feel well enough for a few very special bucket
list items?

I feel bad you are faced with this decision. It is so full of pain and there
is no magic "it is time" indicator.

---