[Dailydrool] Dog Petitions

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 09:31:01 PDT 2018

My dogs are hilarious.They come to me to petition for things. It's easy to
tell whose idea it is because she waits while he does the heavy lifting.
They come together wagging their tails, eyes glittering, smiling.
Doc puts a paw on me or nudges me with his nose and if I don't respond each
succeeding nudge or tap is firmer but he is wagging and smiling. Big smile.
White Belgian teeth.
Behind him ML is sitting onthe floor wagging, mouth open, waiting. Smiling
and I start the litany of questions:
Do you want--
out
up
in
eat

One will get a little dance.If I repeat it both will start to dance just a
bit but ML is more restrained. She is a lady, after all. Doc bounces,
leaps, spins as his excitement grows
OMG she UNDERSTOOD!!
and I let them out, up, in or eat.
I know the ideas are hers. She goes to Doc and says "Let's go out" or
whatever, and he comes to me to ask. She is capable of asking but prefers
to let him do it so he thinks he is in charge.
He is so gullible.
I love it.

MomPerson to MertaLou & Doc