[Dailydrool] Cowboy

K. Green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:29:44 PDT 2018

We went "home" to the family's ranch this weekend, which Cowboy absolutely
loves. 200 acres to explore, bunnies to  chase and multiple dogs to play
with. Unfortunately it was about 100 degrees so Cow spent much of his time
lounging in the shade, but we did have one pretty funny experience.

Around 6:30 AM we went for a stroll around the property since we knew it
would soon be too hot to want to walk. There is a large canal with about
2-3 feet of water in it that's used to irrigate the crops, and all the
ranch dogs are cattle dogs that have no issue running in and out of the
canal. For over 11 years, Cowboy has never taken the plunge but on this
morning, he was feeling frisky and probably trying to show up the younger
dogs, so he just followed them right down the embankment. James and I
watched in horror, screaming his name, but he didn't think twice. Ran right
in, fully plunged himself under water and then came up with the most
surprised look on his face before instantly turning around and trying to
doggy paddle out of there as quick as possible. He struggled to get out and
up the embankment, while James stood at the edge nearly diving in after
him. I'm pretty sure he thought he was taller than he actually is.

It was pretty comical to say the least, but now he is desperately in need
of a bath since he promptly rolled around in the dirt.

Love and drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy