[Dailydrool] Missing Babies

Dossey, Gwen gdossey at te.com
Fri Jun 8 12:52:11 PDT 2018

For those of you not on FB, I've been meaning to write to y'all and tell you about the heart attack narrowly avoided last week when we couldn't find the babies!  I had worked 11  hours, went home & ate a bite and fell asleep in my chair some time later.  I did recall hearing the flap to the backyard, so when Shawn came into the living room just before 6pm asking where the girls were, I told  him they must be outside still.  He went out and came back a few seconds later and said they weren't there!  I was instantly wide awake!  I yelled What do you mean they're not out there?  as I frantically began searching the house, opening closed doors and closets and calling for them, but nothing... I went out back  and called - nothing.  I checked the side yard and all along the fence lines to make sure there were no holes or gates open and nothing looked out of place, but even though I was calling their names, not one of them came to me!  I grabbed my keys and my cell phone and I was out the front door!  I was going slowly down the street yelling their names while listening to the police department message tell me it was after hours to call 9-1-1 if it was an emergency otherwise leave a message.  I stopped in front of my friends  house and yelled for him to come out & I told him that the babies were missing.  He asked about Sasha, and I told him no, she was still in the living room, so he grabbed his bike and went out looking around the neighborhood.  I went around our huge block and called another friend who said she'd come help us look.  When I got back to our street, I saw my across the street neighbor so I stopped and asked him if he'd seen them and then my phone rang.  Shawn called and said they were there.  Not quite understanding I asked him where there was and he said at home with him.  I asked where they were and he said he didn't know - he was picking up the phone to call the police and he looked down and all 3 girls were there!  After I got home and yelled at them for giving me a heart attack and asking where they were I fell to the ground and got smothered in kisses!  They were FILTHY so we went out into the yard to see where they were, and in the back corner under the trees, they dug a hole about 3 inches deep and big enough for both of them to fit in, and they were apparently sleeping soundly from having worked so hard to dig their nice cool pit!!   All I kept thinking is that they're microchipped, so that's good, but the chips won't keep them from getting hit by a car and they're stupid babies yet and don't know not to cross the street - not that an adult would know to look both ways before crossing, but still...  I tell you, my heart stopped!  I remembered that I was going to write to all of you when I read Val's post on how the 3 of her dogs actually did get out!  I know exactly how you felt as soon as you knew they were gone and I don't wish that on my greatest enemy!  So, crisis diverted - or was it really even there since they weren't actually missing?!?!

Heart healing drool for all of those who recently lost a hound to the rainbow bridge!  Healing drool to all those that are ill or just had surgery!!  Hugs to all of you for helping just by answering questions, commiserating or just being here to read these posts!!

~Gwen, Sasha, Sundae & Marshmallow~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
gdossey at te.com
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.