[Dailydrool] Treatment for ticks

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 04:47:42 PDT 2018

I don't have the answer to this but am also interested to see if anyone else has any info to add.  With a basset that was seizure-free until the age of 10 when he was diagnosed with epilepsy (and a clean MRI) I have wondered if these flea/tick/heartworm products played a role.  My vet wanted to switch us from Sentinel to Bravecto around that time which led us to a discussion...  He said he had seen these products cause seizures in his own daughter's dog with his own eyes or he would not have believed it...and we ultimately stayed with the Sentinel.
Out of curiosity, what medications does Mier take for the seizures?
Thanks,Kara, Rooney & Fitz (who recently celebrated their 12th birthday!)