[Dailydrool] Agility Training

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 05:17:52 PDT 2018

A local Agility training group has used part of the Christmas Tree farm (our temporary home) for Agility classes during the warmer months, and has done so for many years.   They come 3 or 4 days a week.  The first time they came this spring we were out walking the dogs (off leash) and didn’t realize they were there.  (The set up is right next to the house, but we didn’t look!). OMG Guinness was so excited and totally ignored his dog training skills. (I’m sure no other Basset Hound has EVER done that!)   We immediately put him (and the other 3) on leash.  We now walk the dogs before class.  I suspect these people have watched all the videos of Bassets doing agility and want us out of sight!  I watch these dogs gracefully cross the “bridge” and imagine MacKenzie deciding to take a nap at the top.  Gallagher had some exposure to agility years ago and would run away as soon as he saw the “tunnel”.  Mulligan would likely do it all, including the jumps, but roll on her back for some praise every time.  Thankfully they can check their “pee-mail” during morning walks.  I think there should be agility training for Bassets.  Just imagine what the course could look like!!!!

Sent from my iPad