[Dailydrool] A Bit From the Desk

Meckler, Michael meckler.12 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 1 14:05:07 PDT 2018

That is frightening news.

When I hear something like this, I'm glad that I have a 6-foot wooden privacy fence. I don't let my guys out unsupervised anyway (mostly to keep the nearly 3-year-old girl from playing too rough with the 10-year-old senior), but not being able to see another dog through the fence (and make that dreaded eye contact) seems to‎ keep any strays away.

I'm always worried when I hear about folks who opt for "invisible" fences. They may keep your dog in, but they won't keep other dogs out. Now I know some neighborhoods won't allow fences, but I strongly believe that if you have dog, you really should have a fenced-in yard, and best if it's a privacy fence.