[Dailydrool] CBD

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 05:16:18 PST 2018

Carol,I have an older basset suffering from seizures and wanted to try CBD products too but I'm a born skeptic.  Like you, it seemed almost too good to be true but on the other hand I was at my wit's end and thought it couldn't hurt to try and liked the idea of a natural product.  Even in my research it was hard to find a reputable source that could explain how or why it works or what was best to use for pets.  On the surface there's tons of info on the internet but when I really read it, it doesn't seem to say a whole lot.  The most plausible explanation I read was that it affects how medication is absorbed by the body so it helps medication work more effectively, in which case alone it wouldn't have any benefit, interestingly.  I ended up ordering the capsules and the CBD Max liquid from Canna Pet.  I chose them because the website looked nice and professional, there were tons of reviews, the products were packaged professionally and shipped quickly.  I used the pills daily for 5 months and the liquid in the event of a seizure.  Unfortunately I could not see any benefit (nor did I see any ill effects) but that doesn't mean you won't.  I suppose I could have upped the dosage but ultimately with the help of my vet we added a potassium bromide pill and it has worked wonders!  Because it may be of interest to you, I will say I have recently purchased a product called Active Chews Premium Hip and Joint Treats from Amazon and in a week have noticed my dogs have a little more pep in their step.  They also eat them like treats and I don't have to give them like pills, which is great.  I feel like it's too early to tell but optimistic about this one for arthritis and back issues.  It contains glucosamine, chondroitin, and turmeric (sp?).If you have any specific questions about the CBD stuff feel free to reach out.Kara, Rooney & Fitzy