[Dailydrool] Rooney has arrived.

Dawn Van Keuren bassetslave at comcast.net
Mon Mar 5 13:36:14 PST 2018

Auntie Feyfey, what do you want? I have a new bed, I'm trying to raise a few bucks and I need a nap. Huh, what? Rooney? No, he is like me, gonna live longer than he is supposed to. What? He did? ....and it was longer than he was supposed to.

Rooney ran up. Yes. Ran. He crashed into the gates because it had been a while since he ran. He appreciates the pool exercise and made good use of it upon arrival. Miss Poppy came to greet him and asked for news. They waddled off to the buffet, chatting away. The kitchen beagles had to get out the Irish cookbook for Rooney's arrival.  They managed to bake up some soda bread......got a little confused with something called Coldcanyon. Yes, I know, the kitchen beagles thought that is what it was called....since Bona ate the heading of the top of the page. Thinks got a little, well, puffy after all that cabbage. In honor of the sheep that once came to visit Rooney, they had shepperd's pie and some corned beef. Roo thought this was just swell, but really was hoping for steak. So he got some.

He says he knows that his slaves kept him going far longer than most would have. He enjoyed watching them work hard and he probably should have tried a little harder.....except he felt loved. He is also a little sorry for all the times he chomped or attempted to chomp on his he slave. He loved his she slave, but just not so much his he slave....although knows Frank was good to him. Rooney does not understand why all the other bassets love Uncle Frank, including me.....but Pw. Miss Brandy just took a bite of Rooney's ear for saying he grumped at his he slave. Cause even she loved Uncle Frank. Rooney is getting looked at a little cross eyed by a lot of hounds. MomCakes just woofed him and he is starting to think he might have missed out. Nope, nevermind. He is off to chase some hedgehogs.

Caruso has the telescope out for Rooney to check on home when he gets back. The other bassets are applauding cause they know Rooney's slaves did a great job of keeping their non ambulatory, slightly grumpy, little bit lazy boy going as long as they could.

I am sorry I only got to sniff him, second hand.

Pawtunia