[Dailydrool] Gallagher - strange behavior again

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:43:05 PST 2018

Gallagher’s ears are so much better, however his strange behavior is back.  This is a dog that has always HATED the rain.  If he saw wet ground, he would run back in the house.  Today we are in the middle of another noreaster storm, with lots of rain mixed with snow. He has walked out the dog door (to fenced area) several times and just sat in the rain.  We keep bringing him in so the dog door is now shut.  I gave him some melatonin and after lots of rubbing  he’s finally gone to bed.  While I suspect this may be early onset of CCD, I have to wonder if this could have been triggered by a change in his heart worm meds.  In NC he got a shot (Pro-heart) every 6 months.  The new vet does not offer this shot.  With 4 dogs giving a pill heart worm treatments does not work - finding a pill under the sofa and not knowing who missed it is not good.  So we opted to try “Advantage multi” topical solution.  Is it possible that this could all be a reaction to this medication.  I gave it to him before these symptoms started.

Sent from my iPad