[Dailydrool] Gallagher and heartworm treatment

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Thu Mar 8 13:47:12 PST 2018

Lacy has always hated to get wet too, and lately with the
onset of CCD she has gone out in the middle of the night
and just wandered in the rain. Carl found her and said she
was soaked and he had to towel dry her. She would just sit
outside and stare. We started her back up with the
Selegiline and she is doing much better. She maybe gets up
and wanders about 5 in the the morning instead of starting
at midnight. As far as heartworm treatment, I don't konw
any docs in my area that recommend the 6 month shot. We
get the chewable Heartguard Plus and they all love it. As
soon as they hear me opening the foil packets they come
running in. I give it to them one at a time and make sure
they chew it, but it hasn't been a problem. They just
about swallow them whole.
Ann