[Dailydrool] Basset Family in Africa

Jessica Rutan jrutan at aubreydog.com
Fri Mar 9 07:24:50 PST 2018

I was thinking about this. Do we still have a Basset Family in Africa? If so, can you email me? I have a question. Thank you!!
I am so sorry for the losses we are hearing about. It is so difficult to see them run ahead of us. I try to envision my babies off around the corner of the trail with their noses to ground and on an adventure. With some time I will catch up with them, and they will all run back to me. Right now I know that they are okay. It still hurts though.
Update on Sassy. She is walking. It is difficult to keep Aristotle from wanting to run and play with her, but Sassy is up and moving around. I am thrilled and we are keeping up with our herbal treatments and Bemer. It appears to be working.
Harley use to play hide and seek with my children. I loved reading that post about another basset playing the game. Harley loved the children and was a protective playmate. I loved to watch them play. I miss him.
Aristotle is a smart little boy and I am working with him on commands and hand signals. The one thing that always makes me laugh in the morning is when I let him out of his pen to go out. I unlatch the door and say "Pee pee". His command to go out and do his business. He will look at me and then walk to the dog door. I will point to the door and say Pee pee again. He will give me that eye and run out and turn right around and come back in. I will be standing there and immediately say Pee pee pointing to the door. He will run back out and turn around. Most of the time he will go and then return, but if he is in a playful mood, he will turn around and look through the sliding door to see if I am standing there. When I see him peek around the frame of the glass door it makes me laugh out loud. He will then go pee pee and come back. My family will often sit and watch the game, but I love the look on the face of a silly boy who is wanting to play.
Have a great day everyone.

Jessica Rutan
jrutan at aubreydog.com