[Dailydrool] Ella - IBD?

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 13:31:09 PDT 2018

Hi Ann,

My girl Maggie did the eating carpet and all kinds of other things similar
to what you're describing as Ella's current problem. She also had several
bloat episodes, ate dirt/rocks/weeds/grass, chewed the corner bricks on the
hearth, destroyed the wood mouldings around the doors, and chewed a hole
clear through the wood paneling to get inside the cupboards. We decided it
was anxiety. She's been ATB for years now so I don't remember much else,
but for seven or eight years she had to be in her crate whenever I left the
house. When she finally was 11 or 12 years old, she must have realized that
she had nothing to worry about, and all that stopped. But I've never had
the money to fix the carpet or walls. Oh well. It's a dog house, after all.

I don't know if it will help, but maybe the vet could consider treatment
for anxiety as well as working on ruling out other medical issues.

Tim