[Dailydrool] Dream about Mariah

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 18:03:00 PDT 2018

I had a funny dream about Mariah last night.  In the dream, a well known basset breeder from the mainland (not sure who that was supposed to be) was visiting Hawaii and so we had gotten  together to meet one another and talk basset.  We were at a marvellous place (which doesn’t exist here in reality) which was a huge, wooded, grassy dogpark, with acres for the dogs to run, and  at one end a resort like swimming pool for the humans to hang out at,  ringed by lawn loungers and a tiki bar.  The breeder and I were enjoying a mai tai and chatting. I had brought my bassets, Mila and Mariah, with me (don’t know where Ipo was).  Mila was lying next to my chair in the shade napping.  mariah was off somewhere.

Around the entire dog park and resort was a thirty foot high stockade wooden fence with criss-crossing support beams, to keep the dogs in.

A dog owner of another breed dog came over and sat in the loungers next to us. Looking at  Mila snoozing peacefully by my feet, the newcomer said “ That’s what I love about bassets. They are so low-key, cooperative, and easy.”  The breeder laughed and said, “Well, they aren’t all that way”.

  I chimed in, “That’s true—boy, I’ve got one—...and looked around for Mariah.

“And there she is!”, said I pointing.  Mariah was about twenty feet up the side of the stockade fence, tightrope walking along the support beams, making her way to the very top.

I woke up laughing at the image, which was indeed very Mariah.

Val Of Hawaii