[Dailydrool] a bit of news!

Wen houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 22 16:03:30 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I have not written in a while, been very busy despite the fact that I quit
my job on Dec 31 of this past year.   I am not working..well drawing a
paycheck anywhere..yet

Pat and I purchased a small commercial building back in Sept of 2018.  We
are in the middle of getting work done on it and learning a whole lot more
than I ever wanted to on opening a new business.

Pat will be moving her MFR practice into it and on my side, I am opening a
pet crematory.

Yep, I have said it now.  It is going to be small and I will only be doing
individual cremations.   Over the years of having to let hounds go,  I have
had more experience with cremations than most.  There are good crematories
and there are bad ones.  I have found a good one I use now, but it took
having a really bad experience with the one our vet used for me to know not
everyone in that business has the concern for the animal or the owner.

I met Terry, who I have been using for 4-5 years now, and over time, we have
talked about me starting a crematory, he felt I would be good at it and I
certainly have the heart to be able to connect with folks.   I have done
some training with Terry also.  He has a small business for cremations, that
he refers to as a service.  His main business is building crematories,
people and pets.

He has inspired me to do that and after a couple of years and some very
negative changes going on at my old workplace,  I decided to jump into
working for myself, and providing this service to folks who have lost their
beloved pet.  I feel it should be done in a sacred and respectful manner, in
most large crematories, I feel that is no longer the treatment provided.

So, hopefully, in June, I will be ready to be of service, and my hope is to
be able to give each person confidence that they are getting their pet back
and only their pet, the cremation will be done with respect and reverence,
and being able to return their pet in a timely manner can help with closure.

Many who know me well are not too surprised.  And most ask how I could
handle it emotionally.  It is going to be hard, but the fact that I can help
people in this time, is going such a blessing.  I know I can treat them how
I would want to be treated.

We have named it Furever Yours Pet Crematory

As for right now,  the Bounders have had to put up with me being around
more..and they occasionally get me to take a nap in the middle of the day!
They can be very persuasive!      But most days I am working on one of many
items on the to do list.  I even have been cleaning out closets and such.  I
am loving the freedom, and not having to answer to anyone except the
Bounders and Pat..they keep me in line!

I need to work harder at not being a stranger!  I read the posts each day,
just do not sit down to write.

Hugs and drool to all in need!

Wen and the Bounders

houndsabound at cfl.rr.com <mailto:houndsabound at cfl.rr.com>