[Dailydrool] ThelmaLou

Margaret Honnold machonnold at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 07:59:06 PDT 2018

As some of you may know our precious ThelmaLou went to the bridge Feb 27. She was my first dog again after the fire and came into rescue the same day as the fire and losing Holly and Noah, so we all felt it was meant to be.She could howl like no other and told the pet communicator once that she "thinks she has a beautiful voice." She did indeed. It has been quiet around here as she was our bell hound and the others have now stopped howling. I play howling on my phone and computer, I how, and they just look at me. My pet communicator friend, Georgia, said Carl and "an entire pack of dogs" were there to meet her. Over the years, Carl and I had dozen of dogs, so I bet it was quite a reunion. We are adjusting to one less - the other 2 stick pretty close to me and we have our family meals, petting time and lots of nappies. So life continues.I was blessed to be TL's momperson for 8 years. I will be writing her story soon because being shot out of a water cannon when stuck in a culvert deserves a story. And it will be for children in the foster care system and adopted.I can't add her pictures that go with this, but here is her poem from Honnold's Hounds Rittin for Rescue book. It's called
"ThelmaLou's Advice:
Between the shade of the oak trees there's a place in the grass, that beckons and calls to old dogs as they pass.It says 'come lay down now, and let the grass scratch your back, and as the sunshine renews you, there's nothing you'll lack.'For your Father in heaven takes care of dogs too and provides the right place for a nappie for you.He gives you green pastures and a cool breeze to blow, as wind lifts your long ears when the sweat starts to show.So, lie down, relax now, it's a dogs' life you lead,Take pleasure in spring time, there's nothing more that you need. Lubs frum ThelmaLou Honnold  RIP my dear, sweet girlie girl. You were loved!
Maggie Honnold and Honnold's Hounds Huck & RozE