[Dailydrool] Eating Fast

Dossey, Gwen gdossey at te.com
Mon Mar 26 10:21:13 PDT 2018

Our Sundae is a veracious eater!  She could finish her meals in 10 seconds flat!  I bought one of the knobby bowls (can't remember which brand), but it has slowed her down tremendously!  Now she's taking about 40-50 seconds to eat!!  I just ordered one for Marshmallow, who is now the fastest eater in our house!  The girls are ALWAYS starving and look for snacks whenever the DH or myself go into the kitchen!!  It's a little annoying!  Should I be giving them extra goodies like vegetables to help fill them up?

Back when we had Teddi, Casper and Madden, Casper was a bit overweight (she got up to 79 pounds after Sadie Jean passed away) and I got her back down to 60 pounds by feeding her the California blend in the freezer section of the grocery store.  It has cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and I added frozen green beans because the salt content was SO much lower than even the cans of low salt!!  Madden would eat around the green beans unless I put them in the food processor and mulched everything up!  Someone told me once that dogs couldn't digest vegetables like people can, so you needed to smash them up.  It worked!  They all ate their veggies like I was giving them candy!  These girls don't need to lose any weight!  Sundae is now 5 months old and weighs 32 pounds.  Marshmallow is 4 months old and weighs 22 pounds, but I'm considering adding the mulched vegetables to help fill them up.  Thoughts?!?!?

~Gwen, Sasha, Sundae & Marshmallow~ (:>
(o_
// \
V_/_ <=penguin
gdossey at te.com<mailto:gdossey at te.com>
Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.