[Dailydrool] Eating at warp speed

R Groves dd-post at thegroves.net
Thu Mar 22 01:41:24 PDT 2018

Chyril,

Bloat Bowl

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L3O4JI6/

Make sure you sign up for Amazon Smile and choose a charity.  Mine is BROOD
(Basset Rescue Of Old Dominion).

And that's just one variant, there are many out there.   As you can see from
the picture, the idea is to make it hard to get all the food at one time ..
so she will have to work at it.  If you do have additional hounds around,
stand guard and move them away when they are done so she is not disturbed
and has less of a guarding resources mentality.  That does also mean you too
should not be hovering over her, as she would still feel her "resource" was
threatened.

You might also want to add something to help with the feeling of full, green
beans and carrots are good options and most hounds enjoy them.  I use canned
green beans due to cost, getting the big can at Costco.  It adds salt to the
diet which I don't like but I do soak the portion in hot water (it’s a large
can so it's stored in the fridge) to warm them and to get rid of some salt.

Good Luck!!

-Robert
Currently indentured to Silas & Dixie
Formerly indentured to Riley, Franklin, Henry, Doc, Sally, Stretch, King,
Beowulf, and Missy Pepper.