[Dailydrool] CBD oil

Kara Carpenter frknhippie at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 06:02:16 PDT 2018

Hi Sally,I wrote a similar reply to another drooler about a month ago so I apologize if some of this is repetitive.  I tried CBD oil for my almost 12 year old basset with seizures.  The seizures themselves weren't bad, it was the post-ictal stage that was terrible, lasting up to 6 days.  I tried researching CBD oil on the internet but it's hard to find good information and when it comes down to it, no one really seems to know how or why it works (if at all).  The most plausible explanation I found stated it affects the liver and therefore how the body processes medication and therefore helps the medication work better.  Skeptical, but I figured what the heck, I was at my wit's end. I ordered from Canna-Pet as they had good reviews, lots of testimonials, and a nice website.  I ordered the large capsules and liquid. Capsules with dinner twice a day and the liquid during/post seizure.  This was in addition to his normal seizure meds twice daily. We used them for approximately 4 months and I couldn't tell much difference.  The frequency of the seizures didn't seem to be affected by maybe the post-ictal stage was shortened by a day or two.  Really hard to know.  Perhaps a higher dosage could have made a difference.  I might have kept on with the Canna-Pet but my vet wanted to try adding potassium bromide and it has worked wonders for us and is inexpensive to boot.  So there's my experience for what it's worth (not a whole lot lol).  Lots of people seem to have had great success with it so in my opinion, it's a natural product so I don't see how it could hurt to try, provided you can afford it.  Feel free to contact me if you have more questions!Good luck and love to Rolph & Clara,Kara (Rooney & Fitzy)