[Dailydrool] Basset Doing what Bassets Do Best

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 04:13:08 PDT 2018

Last night I attended the Opening of an art show in Valparaiso, Indiana.
The painting that won was of a Basset Hound, semi-curled among some
pillows, looking at the viewer. (I think watercolor but perhaps acrylic).
Anyway the woman who painted it, Carla Toth, did a good job and I heard
several people remarking on the pathetic expression and how the eyes kind
of followed the viewer and I thought Yup! Here we are with a Basset on
paper but still doing what Bassets do best-- trying to get something for
nothing.
She got first place.
I had to laugh.

MomPerson to MertaLou and Doc