[Dailydrool] Removal of spleen

Nancy Kay nancykay9 at gmail.com
Sat May 26 13:22:10 PDT 2018

Our sweet Tina (ATB) had a splenic tumor, and the only reason we found out
was similar to yours, she had pretty much quit eating. We had her spleen
removed, and it turned out to be a 2-lb hemangiosarcoma. As you say, it was
bad news, but the surgery did buy her six happy weeks. As Bev said, splenic
tumors can burst, causing the dog to bleed to death internally, so I would
opt to have the spleen removed if I were to have another dog with the same
symptoms.

It's a tough spot to be in, thoughts are with all of you.

Nancy, owned by Charlie and Paige
nancykay9 at gmail.com