[Dailydrool] Basset mixes

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:44:56 PDT 2018

I don’t have any sensible comment about Basset mixes for Lois, but the
question reminded me of the late lamented Vernon Q Basset, who died full of
age and glory a couple of months ago.

I spotted Vern on the local SPCA website. We were looking for a companion
for Paddi B. The note about Vern said he was a basset cross. So I called
and asked, “what is He a basset crossed with?”

“Just a minute,” said the voice on the phone. Clearly she was going to gaze
at Vern and give it a good guess. She returned.

“Another basset,” said she.  That was all the info we ever got on his
breeding, but what more do you need?
--
Mary Wilson
(250) 325-9020