[Dailydrool] Morse and mice

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 03:20:30 PDT 2018

Oh, Becky, I am so sorry to hear how Morse is slowing down, though he still
seems able to give me a good belly laugh with his antics. I hope he keeps
confounding the vets and gives you stories for a long time.

On the subject of mice, we once had a mouse who was foolish or brave enough
to try to live on our first floor. Jane, our first basset, was the one who
ferreted him out in a closet--the cat, Duncan, I believe, was clueless and
very slow about chasing him, though he gave it a try. If Dunc had caught
Mr. Mousey, I don't think he'd have known what to do with him. Jane showed
her hunting instincts by following him closely and chasing him into the
living room. We never again saw any sign of a mouse. That little rodent was
probably terrified of such a huge animal chasing it--the cat, being much
smaller and slower, was not a hindrance. He must have told the other mice
not to bother going upstairs.
Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets