[Dailydrool] Advice for introducing new dog

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sun Nov 4 07:07:24 PST 2018

Our 4 year old Shih Tzu, Sprite has been an only dog for over a year.  He
was rescued over 3 years ago and for the first two years lived with our
basset,  Browser who was 12 at the time and blind from glaucoma.  They
bonded beautifully and Sprite comfortably accepted Browser as the Alpha.

On Wednesday, we are introducing into our home Nellie; a 3 year old basset
who is only 35 pounds and has been living with a loving foster family for
the past two months.

Now Sprite will be the Alpha and we have been told Nellie is a sweet and
quiet non-alpha type.  She has been living with 5 other bassets.  Sprite is
most certainly now the Alpha type.

Any hints on the best way to introduce Nellie into our family will be
appreciated.

Sally Russell