[Dailydrool] Just Country

Richlyn Roach snipesgulch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 10:44:26 PDT 2018

We live “at the end of a dirt road”, about 20 miles from town.  Because of our location, we seem to be the recipients of quite a few “drop offs”.   I try to take in as many as I can, clean them up, worm them, give them their shots, and find homes for them.   I say all that to say this, I don’t take many dogs to town very often.  Sooooo, Chloe (THE BASSET) had a UTI last week.   It came on fast in the night, and there was no relief for (wo)man, nor beast.  After being up all night, inoutinoutinout,  we were on our way to the vet for their first available appointment.   I have trained all the dogs to a leash, but since they run in our woods a lot, I don’t leave collars on them.    I grabbed a rope, tied it around Chloe’s neck and off we went.   I left her in the car (AC running) while I went to check at the vet’s front office.   They were pretty busy---people and their pets lining both walls of the waiting area, so I  just waited until it was our turn.  When they called me in,   I went and got said Basset and started through the waiting room gauntlet.   About that time, she changed her mind and went flat Basset.   There was nothing to do but just skid her along the slick floor.   Needless to say EVERYONE was enjoying the show!!   All I could think to say was, “We don’t get to town much”.    BASSETS YOU GOTTA LOVE ‘EM !

Richlyn  (Rethinking my definition of “broke to lead”.)
Sent from Mail for Windows 10