[Dailydrool] Basset mixes

Val lbrewerzwick vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 31 14:02:43 PDT 2018

We have had four basset mixes adopted out through the no-kill dog rescue I volunteer with.  Three were “bassadors”—basset-labrador mixes.  All three were low-rider black basset bodies with the labrador head.  (One had a white chest, white paws, and white tipped tail, the other two were solid black). And we had an adorable basset-pitbull mix, Xena.  Xena’s body looked like a tricolor basset on steroids.  Her head was pitbull.  So, on the basis of a limited sample of four, I’d guess mixes get the basset’s body with a few tweaks, and the head of the other dog with a few tweaks (and the long ears get lost).  But then I’ve seen lots of photos of bagels (beagle-bassets) and some seem to look more like beagles, others like bassets, so I don’t know if my observations can be generalized.  Val

Val Brewer